Welcome to your exclusive private luxury retreat
Time stops when you venture into the extraordinary land of Gilberton Outback Retreat. Experience the unexpected and encounter a unique and genuine Australian outback experience that will stay with you forever. Spend your time doing as much or as little as you like at Gilberton Outback Retreat.
The bush awaits
There is plenty to see and do at Gilberton if your heart so desires. Enjoy abundant wildlife on a leisurely walk, a guided tour, or even sit back and watch the wildlife from your room. Bird lovers will have plenty of twitching opportunities! Part of Gilberton is a Nature Refuge which is recognised by the Queensland Government as being an area of high conservation significance. The family focus has always been on environmental sustainability with looking after the land an absolute priority. Accommodation at Gilberton Outback Retreat overlooks the Gilbert River with magnificent panoramic views. Experience the true comfort of luxurious 5 star accommodation. Be pampered and relax away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Let time simply pass by while all your needs are taken care of.
- Visit the granite cathedral and natural springs, and find out about the local wildlife.
- See the remains of the old gold mining, township of Gilberton, and find out the history and stories of the old gold rush days.
- Panning for gold in the Gilberton creeks, and, have a chat with real gold prospectors.
- Visit a heritage listed gold mine site and see, how gold was extracted and mined in the 1800s.
- See ancient Aboriginal artifacts and paintings.
- Watch the station at work, including mustering.
- Visit Lake Fred for lunch, swimming, fishing, and kayaking. Hopefully you’ll see our locally, famous pelican being fed by cormorants.
- Mountain bikes are available for use.
- Or just relax and enjoy the tranquility!