The Bush Awaits
There is plenty to see and do at Gilberton if your heart so desires. Enjoy abundant wildlife on a leisurely walk, a guided tour, or even sit back and watch the wildlife from your room. Bird lovers will have plenty of twitching opportunities! Gilberton Station has been endorsed as a Nature Refuge, recognised by the Queensland Government as being an area of high conservation significance.
The family focus has always been on environmental sustainability with looking after the land an absolute priority. Accommodation at Gilberton Outback Retreat overlooks the Gilbert River with magnificent panoramic views. Experience the true comfort of luxurious 5 star accommodation. Be pampered and relax away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Let time simply pass by while all your needs are taken care of.
- Visit the granite cathedral and natural springs and find out about the local wildlife.
- See the remains of the old gold mining township of Gilberton, and find out the history and stories of the old gold rush days.
- Panning for gold in the Gilberton creeks and have a chat with real gold prospectors.
- Visit a heritage listed gold mine site and see how gold was extracted and mined in the 1800s.
- Watch the station at work, including mustering.
- Visit Lake Fred for lunch, swimming, fishing, and kayaking. Hopefully you’ll see our locally famous pelican being fed by cormorants.
- Mountain bikes are available for use.
- Or just relax and enjoy the tranquility!
Unplug, Unwind and Relax
In this extraordinary ancient land, experience the true comfort of luxurious accommodation while staying on a working cattle station. Explore Gilberton’s ecological assets, mountain ranges, granite boulders and natural springs. Discover local wildlife or just soak up the tranquillity.